we can be what we can?

When are faced with adversity, trials, somehow, we are pushed to the limits to accomplish what we have previously deemed impossible to be done by oneself.

For the past 3 weeks, it is definitely a BOOT CAMP for me to be as independent as I can, without having the husband around to share the load of caring for the family. ie. the children. I have done these things by myself and thinking back, it sure is one chapter of my life worth scrapbooking about.

.: Wake up daily at 6.30am to prepare for the day, prepare Seth's stuffs for the day at school

.: Brought both kids to see PD when they are down with a flu bug, slinging Grace, chaperon Seth around in the mall and the clinic.

.: When both are asleep in the car, how do I overcome in carrying them up to my mom's place which is not a lift-midlanding? Ans: Carry Grace up first, locking Seth in the Car while he is still asleep. Put Grace in the Sarong Rocker. Lock the house door. Go down to the carpark and carry Seth up to my mom's. At the same time worrying that someone may call the police when see an "abandon" kid in the car!

.: Raining season, having to juggle between Seth's tantrums when I pick him up from CC (always on the dock, 7pm, and the last to leave the CC) and carrying the loads of stuffs (my laptop bag, my breastpump bag, freeze bag, Seth's school bag and an umbrella, I have somehow developed strong arms muscle, losing 2kg in 2 weeks!!

.: Another side of it, to carry the sleeping Seth with all of the above! Gosh, though it's only 3 storey flight of stairs, I am bushed when I reach my mom's and totally out of breath!

.: Rushing at work, worrying about the kids getting well or not in school or at my mom's. Travelling 110km/h minimally to places that I need to go so as not to be late for: business appointments, ferry Seth from school, back to mom's to relieve her of her stress of the day (my niece and Grace are baby-sitted by mom) and in time for her to have dinner and bathe.

.: be on Sentry for the kids to take medication as they were running temperature. Imagine, feeding one at 9pm. Hoping she is ok all the way. Then at 1am, it's the brother that is running the temperature. It's really terrible to see them in such a situation and not able to relieve them of the discomfort from fever and all.

I am unable to recall all that I've done but all I can say, the used to be impossible are accomplished when one has no choice.

Even when now the husband is back, he is too tired to even help much with the kids and all. I simply hating the aftermath of the reservist period. IT's make the men so low in EQ, causing the wives to go through all the mental and physical stress. MINDEF should pay not only for the pay the salary of those that go for reservist, but also the emotional, physical damages the wives have to go through when their husbands are not around. Though no amount of monetary value can compensate the damages.

What's the compensation having to brave through this period, : DOWN WITH A FLU and FEVER. that's what I get.

Comments

jowong said…
*hugz*

That sounds really tough and quite impossible but still you brave thru it!
Yes, definitely need to scrapbook on and maybe as a gift to Ed? :-p

Popular Posts